Thursday, December 23, 2010

Wish No. 22 - Sweetness { December Daily 2010 }


Journaling Reads: Today we made our very first gingerbread house. You loved every minute of helping mommmy... and eating all the candy! Once we put up the Tootsie roll fence, you ran to get this little dog for the yard. A great idea, and so sweet!

I know, it looks really cute right? Yea... um... I'm not doing this again. At least not from scratch. I'm too much of a perfectionist and it wasn't coming together easily which aggravated me to no end.



And royal icing? A royal pain in the ass. Thank God I had a jar of white frosting in the pantry, which luckily did the job just fine. Seriously, thank God... 'cuz I was ready to throw this whole thing in the garbage if it didn't work.


The highlights were Sean really loved helping me (and I tried really hard to let him help me!), and enjoyed decorating the house with the sour dots around the house. And then when he went to get the little dog was way too cute. And who'd have guessed that the scale would be perfect!

He's enjoying playing (and eating) the house today. Here, you can see his little hand coming in for the kill on one of the tootsie rolls.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails