Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wish No. 15 - A Good Book { December Daily 2010 }


Journaling Reads: Our first day of freedom! We spent the better part of the day picking up the house and running errands. Our last stop was to Barnes & Noble to pick out a new Christmas book. You were debating between Max’s Christmas & Thomas...but it was really no contest. You picked Thomas. Must have been the very cool Thomas trains they had there for you to play. You really didn't want to leave. Who could blame you? The place is really cool.


I cleaned for the cleaning lady today. If you have a cleaning lady you know what I mean, and especially if you are a "messy" like me and my family. To be honest, we have to have a cleaning lady to force us to pick up the house every couple of weeks otherwise the place would go to hell. No joke. And since Sean was so sick two weeks ago we told Maggie not to come. It had been four weeks since the house was really cleaned. Yuck. It so so SO needed it.

This was one more thing to check off my mental to do list. And one more monkey off my back. To celebrate Sean and I went to Target to return a few things, and then to Barnes & Noble. Sean had never been there...  and oh man, he acted like he was at Disney World! There was so much to see and do, he didn't know what to do first. And then he saw it. Thomas. A big old wooden train table with Thomas and his friends just begging to be played with and loved. And Sean obliged. Luckily I found a Thomas Christmas book, otherwise I might not have lured him away from the play area. He did give serious consideration to Max as you can see, but it was clearly just to please me. It was Thomas all the way.

And now I sit in a sparkly clean home, fully decorated for Christmas. But yes, the red white and blue bunting is still on the front porch. In case you were wondering.

1 comment:

Leah said...

I like how you did your journaling on the book like that. It looks super cool.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails