Monday, January 4, 2010

Three things I learned in December 09 and one little word


December Daily 2009 - Front Cover


ONE... all things cannot be pre-determined. I should know this by now in life as well as in scrapping. My things to do lists kept moving from one day to the next. And my pre-designed digital scrapbook pages changed on more days than not. The good news is my planning did help me stay grounded (both in life and scrapping!), and helped me keep my sanity. The little bit of it I have left.

TWO... simplicity is divine. My goal this advent season was to focus on my family, myself, and my faith. While I didn't do as many things as I wanted to do for myself (such as exercising more regularly) or for my faith (such as daily scripture readings and adoration time), I did find many opportunities to spend with my family. Particularly Sean. I purposely pulled myself away from whatever I was doing to stop and play with my little buddy. I also didn't put out ALL of our Christmas decorations. No one knew the difference, and it saved me tons of stress. We cut down our Christmas card list, and sent email cards instead. We created a simple advent wreath which brought us together each evening for dinner and stopped to say "thanks" to God for his blessings. My faith has definitely been strengthened.

THREE... I am blessed. As I journaled and blogged each day of December the word "blessed" resounded in my heart. I am truly, honestly, fully blessed. Isn't that so cool? I have an amazing husband who loves me for who I am, and eventually does the dishes when it's his turn. My little guy, Sean, is THE cutest little boy that ever lived and I'm so lucky to be his mommy. I have a loving and close family in my mom, brothers, sister, nieces and nephews. My in-laws are beyond wonderful. You would be jealous of all my aunts, uncles, cousins, and outlaws. And as if this all wasn't enough I can't count on both hands how many friends I have who would come running to help me in the middle of the night if I needed them. No questions. No hesitation. And I would do the same for them. It makes me stop and think. Does God really know I'm just one person? Seriously. Should one person be so blessed? I may be a little fluffier than I'd like. And I may be getting old. But damn, I'm so blessed. Ali Edwards encouraged us to select one little word for 2010. I found mine in 2009...

Blessed.

Back Cover

1 comment:

Mary said...

great journaling and I LOVE your front and back pages! happy 2010!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails