Wednesday, December 23, 2009

December Daily 2009: Day Twenty-Three



The presents are wrapped, and the bows are tied. Our tree is decked, and stockings are hung. Cookies are baked and cards are mailed. And through it all it’s been the advent light that kept us focused on the true meaning of Christmas.



Right before Advent I decided I wanted to create an advent wreath. I was desperately needing something that would be center of our Christmas season. Yes, I could have bought one but in my head I envisioned something simple and beautiful. So Thanksgiving weekend I headed to Hobby Lobby to check out their sales, and what I assumed would be an easy purchase of purple and pink pillar candles. Well, not so easy. I settled for white and pink as an alternate and quickly lowered my "simple and beautiful" expectation. Then I headed to Kohl's to pick up some pants for Sean (at the low, low price of $5 a pair!), and thought to check out their candles. And there they were. EXACTLY what I envisioned in my mind. Throw them together with simple greenery and voila! The advent wreath was complete.

These simple candles have indeed kept us focused on the true meaning of Christmas. Every evening, as a family, we have looked forward to sitting down together for dinner and lighting the candles and saying grace. Each week the excitement grows as we light one more candle. This week all four candles are glowing brightly. A pure and simple reminder of Christ. The Light of the World.

Thanks Kohl's for making my Christmas complete. And at 50% off? Priceless.

Credits: Ali's December Daily frames (edited), Ali's holiday words, font - Ali's and Mom's Typewriter

1 comment:

dragonflydreamer said...

Such a beautiful photo, journaling and layout.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails