Friday, November 4, 2011

Jeff battles the evil BIG 40 - Superhero Birthday Party

Final Card copy

Come on, little boys aren't the only ones who love super heroes. This is the perfect party theme for your favorite guys big birthday. Inspired by Hostess with the Mostess I kept this super hero bash a secret from Jeff until the big day. It was REALLY fun to plan, and not all that hard to come up with ideas and supplies. Amazon has generic superhero party supplies. Add in lots of teal, red and polka dot and you have yourself a pop art super hero party.

IMG_8629

I made no-sew capes for Jeff and the little ones, and cut out the masks from felt. I also made personalized superhero emblems for the capes out of felt. I had fusible material and though I could easily iron them onto the capes. Well... um... felt melts. Who knew? Clearly everyone but me.

IMG_8631 IMG_8636 

Our bathroom door was transformed into a telephone booth (ala Superman style) made easily with red wrapping paper and a marker.

IMG_8635 

Cupcakes made complete with little BOOM flags. And a chocolate cake from Portillos (YUMMY!) was adorned with the superhero emblem and a few BOOMs for good measure.

IMG_8612 IMG_8690 IMG_8695 


All the littles LOVED the bouncey house. Well worth the money.

IMG_8640 IMG_8644 

Finally, I attempted a photobooth. It was more like, "hey, everyone! come over here so I can take your picture against this polka dot background" We just don't have a good spot in our house to tuck a real photobooth style set-up. If anyone has any tips or tricks for how to do this, I'm all ears! Regardless, I love that we have snapshots of everyone that was at the party. Memories captured.


Photobooth

PS :: Super late in posting this party that was held at the end of August. Forgive me. I'm working through all of my photos from the summer and beyond to go into my 2011 Project Life album. This is a super easy scrapbook project for all those interested in how to document your photos besides Facebook (we're all guilty!!).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails